Winter Playground tickets are only available online 24hrs before the booking takes place. Tickets can be purchased on the day of the event from The Alnwick Garden (subject to availability).
Do you remember when you played with a bucket and spade at the seaside? Well it’s the same but… with fresh snow! The Winter Playground is covered with fresh snow and children can play, build snowmen, make snowballs and have lots of fun together.
Dress for the weather. Winter Playground will go ahead in all types of weather.
Winter Playground takes place in The Alnwick Garden so you will need an admission ticket for entry.
Terms and conditions of sale for events at The Alnwick Garden:
- For our full T&C’s (including Limitation of Liability, Cancellation Policy, Resale Policy, Data Protection etc.)
- For FAQ on The Garden (including parking, opening times etc.) and on our events please see our website CLICK HERE
- The events below are paid events, and you will need a valid admission ticket for The Garden to access them. To buy an entrance ticket for The Garden CLICK HERE
- Once tickets have been purchased, any changes to dates and times of your booking (subject to availability) will incur a £2.50 administration fee
- The Alnwick Garden reserves the right, at its discretion, to refuse entry or admission, or to remove from the Garden any visitor if their behaviour may adversely affect other people’s enjoyment of the event.
- The events listed below (apart from Father Christmas) will take place outside and are subject to the Northumbrian weather at wintertime. We will only cancel these events if the weather is extreme and a danger to your safety, should this happen we will offer you an alternative slot where possible.
- Given that the activities are outside in The Garden then we recommend that children and adults wear appropriate clothing and footwear for this time of year. If your child is participating in the Winter Playground (an icy/snowy environment) then we also recommend warm and waterproof clothing.
- If you experience any problems, please inform event staff immediately as issues cannot always be resolved after the event.
Winter Playground – please note:
- Our Visitor Welcome team will give you instructions on the safe use of the Winter Playground.
- Slots are split into Peak and Off-Peak times.
- For Peak times you will need to select a specific day and time, these times are non-transferable.
- Off Peak slots are not bookable, you can access this attraction (subject to availability) at your convenience on the day you are in The Garden.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early so you can get ready for you experience.
- The Winter Playground will last for approximately 18 minutes, children and accompanying adults will need to wear wellies provided. No other footwear will be allowed in the Winter Playground for hygiene reasons.
- If an adult wishes to enter the Winter Playground with their child, then they need to purchase a ticket as well.
- Given that the Winter Playground is in a protected environment with icy ‘snow’ then we recommend that children wear appropriate (warm/waterproof) clothing.