Winter Bumpers tickets are only available online 24hrs before the booking takes place. Tickets can be purchased on the day of the event from The Alnwick Garden (subject to availability).
Have you ever tried driving an inflatable boat on land? Winter Bumpers are fun, bumpy, inflatable land boats that collide and bounce – fun for everyone! Each bumper accommodates one person who will be secured with a harness to ensure you bump away safely and securely.
You must be over 120cm to ride the Winter Bumpers alone.
Dress for the weather. Winter Bumpers will go ahead in all types of weather.
Winter Bumpers take place in The Alnwick Garden so you will need an admission ticket for entry.
Terms and conditions of sale for events at The Alnwick Garden:
- For our full T&C’s (including Limitation of Liability, Cancellation Policy, Resale Policy, Data Protection etc.)
- For FAQ on The Garden (including parking, opening times etc.) and on our events please see our website CLICK HERE
- The events below are paid events, and you will need a valid admission ticket for The Garden to access them. To buy an entrance ticket for The Garden CLICK HERE
- Once tickets have been purchased, any changes to dates and times of your booking (subject to availability) will incur a £2.50 administration fee
- The Alnwick Garden reserves the right, at its discretion, to refuse entry or admission, or to remove from the Garden any visitor if their behaviour may adversely affect other people’s enjoyment of the event.
- The events listed below (apart from Father Christmas) will take place outside and are subject to the Northumbrian weather at wintertime. We will only cancel these events if the weather is extreme and a danger to your safety, should this happen we will offer you an alternative slot where possible.
- Given that the activities are outside in The Garden then we recommend that children and adults wear appropriate clothing and footwear for this time of year. If your child is participating in the Winter Playground (an icy/snowy environment) then we also recommend warm and waterproof clothing.
- If you experience any problems, please inform event staff immediately as issues cannot always be resolved after the event.
Winter Bumpers – please note:
- Our Visitor Welcome team will give you instructions on the safe use of the Winter Bumpers, you must ensure that the safety belt in the Bumper is used whilst the ride is in action.
- The Winter Bumper ride will typically last around 7 minutes.
- This ride has a height restriction in place, children must be a minimum of 1.2m in height, if in doubt we may check the child’s height before the ride starts.
- If you are 1.2m and above, you will ride solo.
- Children over the age of 5, but under 1.2m, can ride with an appropriate adult as a two.
- For Peak times you will need to select a specific day and time, these times are non-transferable.
- Off Peak slots are not bookable, you can access this attraction (subject to availability) at your convenience on the day you are in The Garden.
- Please arrive at the Winter Bumpers 5 minutes early so you can get ready for your experience.
- 13th – 22nd December 4:30pm onwards you will need a valid Winter Light Trail ticket to gain entry into The Alnwick Garden for the Winter Bumpers.