We want everyone who supports, visits, works or volunteers with us, those who take part in our community programmes and everyone else who is a part of The Alnwick Garden, to feel confident and comfortable with how we take care of, and use, any personal information you share with us.
About The Alnwick Garden
The Alnwick Garden is made up of a number of related entities:
- Alnwick Garden Enterprises Ltd (Company No 04579518) – including the Treehouse Restaurant and Potting Shed Cafe, Forgotten Garden Adventure Golf, The Alnwick Garden Gift Shop and Plant Centre and the Pavilion Catering (operated by Ramside Estates).
- The Alnwick Garden Trust (Company No 04584694, Charity No 1095435) – including Friends of The Alnwick Garden and The Alnwick Garden Volunteers.
References throughout this notice to “we”, “us”, “The Garden” or “The Alnwick Garden” will mean Alnwick Garden Enterprises Ltd and The Alnwick Garden Trust.
The legal bases we rely on
The current laws set out a number of different reasons for which we can collect and process your personal data, including:
- You give your consent to The Alnwick Garden to collect and process your data e.g. when you click a consent box. We will always make it clear what data we will collect and how we will use it.
- Under contract The Alnwick Garden is required to collect your personal data to fulfil its obligations to you e.g. if you are an employee or have purchased a membership.
- Legal Compliance
- For security purposes CCTV is in operation around The Alnwick Garden and may be used and shared with law enforcement in the event of suspected criminal activity.
- The Alnwick Garden is under a legal obligation to HMRC to collect and retain personal data from those members who opt to Gift Aid.
- Legitimate Interest
- As part of the efficient and effective running of The Alnwick Garden, we may be required to collect and use your personal data without affecting your rights, freedoms or interests e.g. to keep you, as a member, up to date with events and subjects of interest.
When we might collect your Personal Data
We will collect data from you under the following circumstances.
- When you visit The Alnwick Garden website to purchase tickets, become a member or purchase a membership for someone else as a gift
- When you become a member of The Alnwick Garden online, by phone or in person
- When you sign up to receive newsletters or emails from The Alnwick Garden
- When you visit The Alnwick Garden
- When you hire The Alnwick Garden for a function e.g. a wedding
- When you book a table in the Treehouse Restaurant
- When you interact with The Alnwick Garden on social media
- When you apply to work with The Alnwick Garden
- When you take part in any of our community programmes
- When you take part in any surveys or competitions
- If you have an accident at The Alnwick Garden that requires you to fill in an accident form
- When you use our car parking facilities which may have CCTV in operation for security
- At various clearly marked areas within The Alnwick Garden where Live Streaming is in operation e.g. In the Cherry Orchard
What sort of Personal data will we collect
We will collect data from you under the following circumstances so that we can provide the services that you require.
- Becoming a member
- Name, full postal address, telephone numbers, email and card payments details
- Signing up for newsletters
- Applying for work
- All necessary employment record information for us to fulfil your contract of employment
- Buying tickets online
- Email, full postal address and card payment details to facilitate the purchase
- Booking an event
- Name, full postal address, telephone numbers, email and card payment details
- Booking a table
- Name, email and contact telephone number
- Taking part in community programmes
- Name, full postal address, telephone numbers, email and any special requirements or information we should be aware of to ensure you get the best experience from your visit.
- If you have an accident
- Name, full postal address, telephone numbers, email and details of accident
How and Why we use your Personal Data
We will use your personal data for any of the following reasons.
- To process your membership, to communicate with you and to keep you informed of up and coming events at The Alnwick Garden.
- To facilitate an application for Employment
- To fulfil an order
- To book an event
- To book a table in the Treehouse Restaurant
- For legal obligations such as accident forms
- For General Enquiries
The data privacy law allows this under legitimate interest, consent, contract or legal obligations so that we can provide the best service to our members, staff and customers.
If you choose not to share your personal data with us or restrict certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide the best service to you.
If you work for us we will process your personal data to fulfil your contract of employment.
How we protect your Personal Data
The Alnwick Garden takes data security very seriously and will take all necessary steps to keep your data safe.
Access to all the transaction areas of our website are secured and access to your personal data is password protected and sensitive data (such as card payment information) is processed by Realex (Global Payments). The Alnwick Garden do not have access to your card information.
Our systems are protected by the latest up to date anti-viral software and is regularly monitored for possible cyber-attacks.
How long we keep your Personal Data
The retention period for keeping your personal data is dependant on what we require your data for and will be explained clearly to you when we collect your data.
- Membership – Data held for up to seven years from purchase date but restricted one year after membership has expired to Gift Aid and Archive only.
- Gift Aid – Data is retained for seven years for HMRC.
- Unsuccessful applicants – 6 months after date of application.
- Successful applicants – for the duration of employment plus seven years for tax purposes, National Insurance and sickness records.
- Mailing lists
- We will retain your data until you opt out.
Sharing your Personal Data
We will not share your personal data with third parties except for the following and only then with the minimum amount of data they require for their processing. Sharing your personal data is limited by Agreement. Further processing by third parties is not authorised.
- Dunedin IT
- HMRC for employee tax and Gift Aid
- Realex (Global Payments)
- Northumberland Estates
Your Rights over your Personal Data
- Right of access
- You have the right to access the data we hold about you
- Right to Restriction
- you can ask us to restrict the processing of your data or to stop using it
- Right to Correction
- We must correct any data that is incorrect if you tell us
- Right to Erasure
- If requested, we must delete your personal data
Stopping the use of your Personal Data
- Click the “Unsubscribe” link on any email we send you
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request
- Call The Alnwick Garden on 01665 511350
- Write to Privacy, The Alnwick Garden, Gardener’s Cottage, Greenwell Road, Alnwick NE66 1HB with your request.
Please note that there may be a short period after your request when you may still receive communications from us while our systems are being fully updated. We will treat your request as a priority and endeavour to keep any delay to a minimum.
You can contact The Alnwick Garden at any time with any of the requests above and we must carry out your request unless we believe we have an overriding reason to continue processing your personal data. We are obliged by law to explain our reasons for refusal.
- Email email@example.com with your request
- Call The Alnwick Garden on 01665 511350
- Write to Privacy, The Alnwick Garden, Gardener’s Cottage, Greenwell Road, Alnwick NE66 1HB
If you are unhappy about how your data has been handled or with the response to any requests you have made regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
- Telephone 0303 123 1113
- Online www.ico.org.uk/concerns
The Alnwick Garden Giant Adventure App
The Giant Adventure app requires permission to access location services on your device in order to activate experiences and tell the device when it is near the Alnwick garden. – Location locking (information not stored or transmitted / device only)
The Giant Adventure requires access to the camera on the device as part of some of the interactive activities within the app:
The camera viewfinder is used to augment 3d adventure experiences in key locations at the Alnwick garden.
The app has a ‘camera photo’ icon for those wishing to take a augmented photo of their experience without the need to exit the app.
Pictures taken via the app are stored and available to view within the photo gallery on the device and are not specifically stored within the app.
No data/photos from the camera are collected and/or uploaded from the device unless the user specifically shares a photo using any third party standard sharing or social media tools they have installed on their device. The sharing and distribution of any photos created from the Giant Adventure app is solely under control and at the discretion of the app user / device owner.
The Alnwick Garden may collect anonymous information via Google Analytics on the use of the Giant Adventure, including behavioural information on how the app is used, regional downloads, download numbers and types of device. This information is used for informing future developments of the app and is retained permanently in secure analytical tools. No personal information is recorded or transmitted in this analytical data – Analytics app usage/rough location/app elements sent no personal data